Sunday, July 6, 2014

Idioms Powerpoint

My students loved this lesson!  I started by asking them to define idiom.  I had to bite my lip to not giggle at their answers.  Then I started asking them if they had heard phrases like, "Once in a blue moon" or "It's a piece of cake."  "YES!" they all replied.  Then we started the powerpoint.  I had a few students read the definition on the first slide.  Then we went through the examples.  I had the students guess the real meaning before I showed it on the slide.  After the ppt, I had them draw and write their favorite idiom and it's real meaning.  We displayed them all around the room.  Their homework that night was to go home and use an idiom in conversation and listen to hear if anyone in their family used an idiom.  For the rest of the year my students loved pointing out idioms in stories we read and when they were said.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8p5wiel0nokjd1/Idioms.pptx

No comments:

Post a Comment