Sunday, July 21, 2013

Poetry Centers

Fourth Grade Poetry Unit
from my Fall Semester of Student Teaching

Haiku




Reading for Details



The Crocodile's Teeth, Parts of Speech






Mac-a-Lena, Listening




I Am Poem


Diamonte Poem


Colorful Snowman Poem
We used wallpaper samples, construction paper, and scrapbook paper to make snowmen.  For kindergarten, have the big, medium, and small circles pre-cut and let students choose their parts.  Older grades can trace circles onto paper and cut themselves.  
Glue the parts together then cut out or draw faces, arms, scarves, hats, buttons, etc.  I wish I had a picture of one of my students' snowmen.  They did a great job!
(I did not write this poem.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7klrz9jcjcl5kar/Colorful%20Snowman%20Poem.docx

No comments:

Post a Comment